Job Opportunity- CRWDP National Manager
RESEARCH CENTRE MANAGER
(12 month contract)
OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
Working under the supervision of the two Directors of the Centre for Research on Work Disability Policy (CRWDP), and located in Toronto at the Institute for Work & Health (481 University Avenue, Suite 800), the Centre Manger will play a key role in the management, running and support of all activities of the Centre. The successful candidate will be experienced and skilled in the management of a complex research initiative. The CRWDP is funded by the Social Science and Humanities Research Council.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- manage terms of reference for funds allocation
- manage national and provincial coordinators
- oversee timeline and yearly activity cycles for national and provincial areas
- oversee participant and partner commitments
- oversee students and post-doctoral programs
- organize national meetings and governance committee meetings
- liaise with external collaborators from other sites, including partners, collaborators, researchers, media
- manage website and quarterly newsletter
- oversee accounting and management of budgets and financial reporting
- consolidate all provincial reports
- create reports to funders
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- a university degree, preferably at the Masters level
- bilingualism is considered an asset (French-English)
- 5-7 years of work experience as a manager of a large complex research initiative
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- sound working knowledge and experience with a Windows 2000 environment, including Word, Power Point, and Excel
- ability to manage competing demands of the Centre, independently coordinating and prioritizing relevant projects, tasks and responsibilities
- effective organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- an interest in team-based project work
- flexibility – able to switch tasks easily to address changing priorities
- ability to work with people from a variety of backgrounds, with a variety of goals, at the same time
- ability to problem solve on issues with multiple inputs and perspectives
- experience facilitating meetings
- experience coordinating events
The position will be assessed after three months.
This is a full-time position for one year with a possibility of extension, and is based on a full-time salary range of $65,000-$73,000, plus benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application by mail or e-mail to: M. Cicinelli, Director Human Resources & Corporate Services, and 481 University Avenue, Suite 800, Toronto, Ontario. M5G 2E9, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
CRWDP is a transdisciplinary initiative on the future of work disability policy in Canada. Our objective is to identify how people, when disabled, can have income security and be better retained and integrated into the Canadian labour market.
CRWDP is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We thank all applicants, but only those considered for the position will be contacted. For more information about our organization, visit our web site at www.crwdp.ca.