- Associate Professor, School of Social Work, Carleton University
- Prior Researcher in the political and social affairs branch of the Research Department at the Library of Parliament and the Royal Commission on New Reproductive Technologies.
- Ph.D. (McGill)
Areas of expertise
- contemporary social policy issues
- history of Canadian social welfare policy
- international social policy issues
- women and social welfare – Canadian and International
She has published work on gender dimensions of occupational health and safety in the workplace, workers compensation in Canada, and women and social policy. With Colleen Lundy, she has published on the impact of economic transformations on women in Cuba and Russia.